VXD-720 DTMF capability

I updated my 720 and 7200 to R01.11.02 last week.  DTMF works as it should now. Also the radios will display RSSI if you press the left-arrow 3 times followed by the right-arrow three times.

------------------

Just browsing the blog and found this one. I have a VXD-720, and have been trying to get analog DTMF working. I see it in the manual on page 82 under 'advanced features' but I cannot get it to work. I looked in the CPS for a hidden checkbox, or menu setting but nothing to be found. I can use DTMF to control the local UHF analog ham repeater I'm using.

I'm curious if your VXD-720 is able to send DTMF tones on an analog frequency?

I also sent a message to Vertex Standard tech support, and this was their reply.
------------------

You are correct VXD-720's are indeed similar to the Motorola XRP-6500/6550. However, we do not have any current plans to extend the support with regards to firmware/software updates or DTMF

capability. In addition, although the CPS is "identical" it is NOT compatible with the Motorola Turbo line.

Thank you very much for your inquiry, and if there is a way we may assist you further please let us know. Have a great day!

Thank you!

Liz Johnson
Customer Support
VERTEX STANDARD

United States and Canada 800-283-7839
International and Latin America 847-725-4850
Email: Support-Americas@...
Address: 1301 E. Algonquin Road Schaumburg, IL 60196
---------------

Really a bummer because I like my 720. It works great on the DMR ham radio repeaters I've used in Las Vegas and Raleigh NC. Chris

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this information

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have two code plugs that were given to me for a VXD-720. On one the DTMF's send fine. On the other no DTMF is sent and I just get the steady tone when a button is pressed. I compared both code plugs in the Vertex Clone Editor/programmer and can find no option to enable it. So not sure what Vertex is on about when they say DTMF is not supported. again I have one VTX 720 Code Plug the sends DTMF's (Touch Tones) and the other that does not. Hopefully some one has found the secret sauce!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, Comments may take a day to show up

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.